WPC boards are slowly & steadily capturing the market. Due to their versatility & durability, these are becoming a favourite amongst customers. Here we are underlining a few facts for you & answering some very common questions.
What is WPC?
Wood-plastic composite (WPC) can be termed as a substrate created with a mix of natural wood and plastic fibres. A variety of unused woodworking materials like sawdust, pulp, the bark of a tree etc. are combined with plastic powder to make WPC. WPC board is a hybrid product that possesses the properties of wood and water-resistance of plastic. All these things are mixed to a thick consistency and are moulded to form WPC boards. WPC boards can be called by a variety of names like ‘Construction boards’, ‘Crust foam boards’, ‘Calcium boards’, ‘WPC shuttering boards’ ‘WPC MDF boards’, WPC Plates, PVC foam boards, WPC sheets, WPC panels, WPC formwork panels etc.
What are the uses of WPC?
WPC boards can be used in interior applications & exterior applications. These boards are covering a large application area starting from interior grade boards being used for making furniture, kitchen cabinets, kitchen shutters, wall panelling, ceilings, bathroom cabinets or vanities, windows & door frames, railings etc. For exterior applications, WPC boards can be used in constructions/ shuttering boards, exterior wall cladding, garden furniture, park benches & fencing, prefabrication house, other exterior applications, outdoor deck flooring etc.
Why are WPC boards better than plywood?
For a very long, we have been using natural wood & plywood by cutting trees and causing harm to the environment, just to make furniture. Even after such a huge natural loss, the durability and performance of Plywood and Waterproof Ply are not at par with our expectations. The furniture made using Plywood gets spoiled by water, moisture, termite attack, and we have no option to save it as this furniture cannot be used even for exterior applications. With repeated use, over the years, the waterproof ply also gets affected by moisture & the problem of termite attack remains. WPC boards have a higher density, as compared to other materials which makes them strong on internal and exterior strength front. These are eco-friendly, heat-resistant, durable, termite resistant, works well with other substrates & have better finishing.
Which is the best adhesive for WPC pasting?
Fast-acting glue is considered the best WPC glue. Some other adhesives like epoxy & water-based adhesives are also used, but unfortunately, desired results are not received. While using epoxy glue, different components are to be mixed which in turn is time-consuming, incurs heavy cost & a lot of wastage is also observed. Water-based adhesive is not compatible with WPC as it has a water content that does not get absorbed by the WPC surface &, therefore, restricts the bonding. Synthetic rubber adhesives can also not be used as they are not heat resistant.
Advantages of WPC Boards
- WPC boards are completely termite and waterproof, which makes them a durable product.
- WPC does not corrode and has high resistance towards rot & decay.
- Changes can be made to WPC boards as per the requirement and need, in terms of shape and sizes. Therefore, these boards can be used for manufacturing designer doors and windows, which gives you a rich & polished look.
- These are environment-friendly products because no trees are cut in their manufacturing. These boards are made up of recycled plastic and waste wood hence it is a sustainable and green material.
- WPC boards can be used in sunlight as it does not get spoiled, even with direct contact. For longer life & durability, you just have to paint or polish it after a certain time period and it will remain new and strong for years.
Why Polyfix WPC Glue?
Polyfix cyanoacrylate adhesives have a renowned name in the market due to our numerous grades & best quality products. Benson Polymers presents Polyfix WPC glue which is superior, as compared to any brand in the trade. This instant WPC cyanoacrylate-based adhesive is perfect & ideal to adhere to WPC boards & manufacturing cabinets, drawers etc. No mixing of any sort is required; it is heat resistant & gives ideal & best pasting in much lesser time. After attaining full pasting, even the strongest pressure cannot break the bond, the surface may snap but the adhesion will not come off. Our WPC glue is an exclusive & unique product that doesn’t have any alternative in the market.
Advantages of using Polyfix WPC Glue
- Rapid & strong adhesion
- Eliminates the use of any screws or nails.
- This is an excellent glue that can be used in manufacturing modular kitchens, bathroom vanity, PVC Foam Boards, wall panels, door & windows frames, garden fencing, WPC flooring, PVC edge banding, skirtings etc.
- Adheres PVC foam boards, WPC construction boards, shuttering boards, Polyvinylchloride boards, PVC sheets, wood plastic composites boards etc
- Good resistance towards heat & water
- The thick gel glue does not get absorbed by the porous substrates. It fills the gaps easily & helps in pasting different surfaces.
- Full pasting & strong bond is received within minutes, while other adhesives take longer hours to get fully pasted.
- No need for heating or mixing.
- Doesn’t require mechanical fasteners, clamps etc.
Instructions to use
- Keep the lid firmly closed after use
- The adhesive should be stored in cold storage or below 20 degrees
- Wear protective eye & hand gear while working with the adhesive
- In case of body contact, wash thoroughly with lots of water
- Seek a doctor’s opinion, if any eye or internal contact occurs