Retaining compounds are adhesives commonly used to fill gaps between various mechanical components. They help prevent the distortion of these mechanical components by reducing wear and tear and increase the strength of the final assembled product.
Capable of filling spaces between individual components, they cure to form a strong bond and allow for the transmission of high loads without the need for air. This means sealed components and machine designs can still achieve high strength and temperature resistance across a variety of substrates.
Used across a broad range of mechanical components, as well as for bearings, shafts, and cylinder liners, retaining compounds are most commonly found within the automotive and heavy machinery industries. However, they can also be used in any industry where metal-to-metal adhesion is required for moving parts. Additionally, retaining compounds help manufacturers to avoid unnecessary machining of a broad range of mechanical components
As with most glues, solders, and adhesives, there are a range of different types of retaining compound currently available. These fulfill different functions in various industries. DROPBOND® supplies manufacturers with retaining compounds designed for specific applications, offering features such as:
- High strength
- High temperature resistance
- Fast cure speeds
- Superior gap filling
- Low viscosity
- Fluorescent formula
- DROPBOND® Retaining Compounds have a broad range of industrial applications, finding uses wherever sealed components require high strength bonding solutions.
- DROPBOND® Retaining Compounds offer manufacturers high strength, high temperature, fast curing, and superior gap filling options, with our products displaying either some or all of these characteristics.
- Ideally suited for machinery and components with bearings, sleeves, and pins as well as close fit, slip fit, press fit, and shrink fit applications.
- Can be used for wherever flexible and reliable adhesion in machined parts is required.
- Our retaining compounds are used frequently within the automotive industry, helping to provide high temperature, gap filling solutions for a wide range of components. In particular, shaft or keyway repair within automotive applications can help cut the costs of replacing the entire component.
- Our products are available in many different grades to cater to a broad array of applications.
img src=”/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Packshot_Threadlocker_1920x1080-.jpg” alt=”” width=”100%” class=”alignnone size-medium wp-image-22943″ />